The City of Ekurhuleni (CoE) invites proposals from local entrepreneurs, enterprises and cooperatives located within its boundaries to submit applications for financial assistance for 2019/20 financial year.
There are three different funds (Fetola, Ntirisano and Phanda) that businesses can apply for and applicants should be clear which one they are applying for.
Proposals should focus on providing creative and innovative business concepts, solutions and programmes that address the following high-level priority areas:
• Township Economy;
• Business Services;
• Environmental Services; and
• Human Development.
All proposals must be accompanied by the following
• Section 67 Application Form;
• Comprehensive Concept Proposal;
• Declaration of Interest (Form MBD 4);
• Copy of Business Registration;
• Valid Tax Clearance Certificate or Proof of Tax Clearance from SARS System;
• Cancelled cheque or Bank account confirmation letter;
• Copy of ID documents of members/shareholders/ owner/director;
• Latest Rates and Taxes Statement or lease agreement;
• Business & Residential References; and
• IEC Voting District Confirmation.
General Applicable Conditions:
• ECED fund application form should be completed in full & all pages initialed. Incomplete forms will be automatically disqualified.
• Non- submission of the required documents will result in automatic disqualification. No Correction, Amendments and Submission shall be entertained after submission.
• No late application will be accepted under any condition.
• Non-compliance with the terms and conditions of the ECEDF shall result in an automatic disqualification.
• Correspondence will be limited to shortlisted, qualifying & recommended applicants ONLY.
• Applicants who have not been contacted within 3 months of the closing date should assume that their application was unsuccessful.
• CoE reserves the right not to make any award or to withhold any award without providing reasons thereto.
• No Applications will be accepted from persons in the service of the state.
• All applications shall be subject to confidentiality protection accorded in law.
• Applicant must only submit one application and should not be participants in any other application.
ECEDF applications for 2019/20 are open from the 11th November 2019 and closes on the 31st January 2020.
• Application forms are available at all Customer Care Centers within the City of Ekurhuleni.
• Applications must ONLY be submitted to the Economic Development Department office, corner Monument and Voortrekker Street, Kempton Park.
• All applications will be assessed in accordance with the ECEDF policy as approved by the council and must conform to the prescript of Section 67 of MFMA No.56 of 2003.
• Council reserves the right not to make any award.
• Applicants who have not received any correspondence after three (3) months of the closing date should assume that their application has been unsuccessful.
Contact the following officials for ECDEF application forms or for more information:
Gugu Shelembe on 011 999-7890 Economic Development
Bheki Madonsela on 011 999-4828/7774, Economic Development
George Thabethe on 011 999-7704, Economic Development